The look for the Target show at World MasterCard Fashion Week was a timeless look, that you can bet will never go out of style. Created by Grace Lee, Lead Makeup Artist for Maybelline New York in Canada; she chose the bright red lip and matching nail colour as an homage to Target’s iconic red logo.
Want to get this look? We’ve broke it down into a step by step below!
1. You’re going to want a blank canvas, so start by applying an even layer of the foundation or tinted moisturizer of your choice.
2. Taking a concealer (stick or liquid) apply under the eyes, bringing it almost as far as the temples. Blend the concealer with your ring finger. Apply the same concealer to any blemishes.
3. Taking a sculpting powder or matte bronzer that is a shade or two darker than your skin tone, apply it to the cheekbones, jaw line, and the edge of the forehead. Ensure is well blended (you can use a darker shade of a pressed powder for this as well).
4. Dab the eyelid with a nude cream shadow. Maybelline’s Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24h Cream Gel Shadow in CREAM BEIGE and BARLEY BRANDED are perfect for this. Taking a lip glossor Vaseline, dab it on top of the cream shadow. This will give you that runway sheen and a bit of added texture. Apply one coat of black mascara.
5. Brows play a big part in this look so fill in any gaps, using a brow powder. Apply a tinted brow gel in an upwards motion.
6. I’m a fan of lining lips, but if you feel you have natural definition you can just apply lipstick. Lee used Maybelline’s Colour Sensational Creamy Matte in Siren in Scarlet which is a beautiful cherry red. Feel free to use a red lipstick that you are comfortable with.
7. Match your nail shades to the lip and you are Target ready.