Clean whites and geomtric shapes took the stage at the Mikhael Kale Spring/Summer 2015 runway show last week at Toronto Fashion Week. A neutral yet edgy makeup look, created by Grace Lee (lead artist for Maybelline New York, in Canada) complimented the collection perfectly.
Want to get this look? Check out the how-to below!
1. Taking a BB cream or tinted moisturizer of your choice, apply all over the face, using your fingers. The warmth from your fingers will allow you to blend in the product perfectly.
2. Taking a concealer (preferably liquid) apply under the eyes, bringing it almost as far as the temples. Blend the concealer with your ring finger. Apply the same concealer to any blemishes.
3. Taking another concealer (preferably liquid) and 1-2 shades darker than you skin tone, apply along the cheekbones and the edge of the forehead. Blend this into the skin using a buffing brush.
4. Apply a cream shadow in white (Maybelline’s Colour Tattoo in Too Cool is a great shade) using an angle brush, along the lash line. Above this line, take a black liquid liner, and create a second line (close to the crease of the eye) flicking it outwards at the end of the eye.
5. Curl your lashes, and apply one coat of black mascara.
6. Using a clear brow gel, brush through your brows, shaping them as you go.
7. Keep the lips sultry and neutral, by applying your favourite nude lipstick and blotting the lips once on a Kleenex. Keep the look monocrhomatic with a black and white outfit!