Now that the moment we have all been waiting for is over, the completion of WWDC 2010, we can now give you the official Apple iPhone 4 release information. The new phone is powered by an A4 CPU (like the iPad), sports a 3.5-inch screen with 960—640 resolution, dual mics, and an upgraded camera system that will include HD video recording and editing capabilities.
The iPhone 4 will be available in the US, UK, France, Germany and Japan on June 24, with pre-orders starting from June 15, 2010 and Canada sometime in July.
These are the official specifications:
- 9.3mm thick, 24% thinner than current iPhone
- 3.5″ display, same as current iPhone
- 326 ppi display, 4 times the previous iPhone’s pixel density
- Case uses stainless steel and glass, including a glass back for the device
- Powered by the A4 chip
- Larger battery means 7 hours of talk time, 6 hours of 3G browsing, 10 hours of WiFi browsing, 10 hours of video, 40 hours of music and 300 hours of standby
- 7.2mbit download and 5.8mbit upload speeds, depending on carrier capabilities
- Gyroscope in addition to accelerometer
- 5MP camera with 5x zoom, tap to focus and LED flash
- HD video recording, and iMovie for editing video on the iPhone