The holidays are approaching quickly! To say I am excited would be one of the biggest understatements of the century! I literally live for twinkle lights and Elf! To get the rest of you beauty lovers out there jingle-bell-ing we decided to put together a metallic-gold lid look paired with a ruby red pout! Want to try it out? Just follow the seven easy steps below.
1. Prime your entire face, including your eyelids. Your eye shadow is going to sparkle enough, we don’t need any added shine on the face. Dab a chapstick of your choice on to your lips to hydrate before lipstick application.
2. Apply a gold (shimmery or metallic) cream shadow all over the eyelid with a flat head brush, making sure to keep the shadow below the brow bone. The Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow in Comex Gold is a great product to use for this.
3. To glam up the eyes a bit more, take a gold glitter eyeliner, like Urban Decay’s Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Midnight Cowboy and take it along the upper and lower lash lines.
4. Apply two coats of black mascara to the upper and lower lashes.
5. Take a matte foundation of your choice and shade, apply with a beauty blender or buffing brush. Taking a concealer one to two shades lighter than your natural skin tone, apply and blend under the eyes and on any blemishes you might want to cover.
6. Contour your face, using a pressed powder or contour powder one or two shades darker than your skin. Ensure that the product is blended well into the hollows of the face. Then apply a touch of a pink or rose blush to the apples of the cheeks.
7. Line your lips using a red pencil of your choice. Essence’s 08 in red blush is my personal fave! Then taking a ruby red lipstick, like Cherries in Snow by Revlon or Russian Red/Ruby Woo by MAC Cosmetics, and apply all over the lip. Blot lips on a Kleenex and you’re ready to hang out under the mistletoe.